Recently on our blog, we highlighted ten of the whole food ingredients in our 100% natural pet food. The article revealed the nutritional contributions of pumpkin, kelp, alfalfa, chicory, almonds, apricots, blueberries, cranberries, parsley, and rosemary.¹ In this second installment, we'll be revealing the benefits of eight of the lesser known whole food ingredients in Nature's Logic's pet food. Whole food ingredients provide quality nutrition that a pet’s body can utilize for optimal health and strength.
Nutrient Definitions in Review
Antioxidants are substances that inhibit oxidation or reactions promoted by oxygen, peroxides, or free radicals (free radicals can damage cells and may play a part in several diseases such as cancer). A short list of antioxidants includes: beta-carotene, lutein, lycopene, selenium, and Vitamins A, C and E. Antioxidants are naturally found in foods!²
Phytonutrients are certain plant components that promote health. Fruits, veggies & nuts are some of the phytonutrient-rich ingredients found in Nature’s Logic pet foods.
8 Beneficial Whole Food Ingredients
- Egg Shell Meal – Provides food source of calcium. The natural eggshell also contains 2 to 3 percent egg membrane, which supplies a unique natural source of hyaluronic acid, glucosamine chondroitin, and collagen, natural joint building blocks.
- Dried Tomato – Excellent source of Vitamins A, C and K; good source of potassium, manganese, dietary fiber, B vitamins, Vitamin E, folate, copper, niacin, magnesium, iron, pantothetic acid, and phosphorous; phytonutrient rich – specifically in lycopene, which has been studied for its cancer-preventing properties.
- Dried Apple – Provide quite an array of phytonutrients and polyphenols (naturally occurring organic compounds in fruit and vegetables) which act as antioxidants in apples; source of thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, pantothenic acid, folate, Vitamin C, calcium, iron, potassium, magnesium, and phosphorous, as well as dietary fiber.
- Dried Carrot – Excellent source of an array of phytonutrients (especially beta-carotene), as well as Vitamin A; a very good source of Vitamins C and K, dietary fiber and potassium.
- Dried Pumpkin – Excellent source of the antioxidant beta-carotene and potassium.
- Dried Broccoli – Excellent source of Vitamins A (antioxidant), C (immune support), and K (anti-inflammatory), folate, as well as fiber; good source of manganese, magnesium, potassium, phosphorous, B vitamins, iron, calcium, zinc, and Vitamin E. Also rich in phytonutrients.
- Dried Spinach – Excellent source of Vitamins A, C, and K, folate, riboflavin, pyridoxine, magnesium, manganese, potassium, calcium, and iron. Very good source of dietary fiber, phosphorous, copper, zinc, and Vitamin E. Also a good source of omega 3 fatty acids, niacin and selenium. Spinach is thought to have a unique combination of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory components.
- Dried Artichoke – Very good source of Vitamin C, folate, and manganese; good source of niacin, riboflavin, thiamin, vitamin A, and potassium.
Nature’s Logic has formulated truly natural pet foods substantiated for all the life stages of dogs and cats. Whole foods provide pets with an abundance of naturally occurring nutrients: Proteins, vitamins, minerals, fiber, probiotics, enzymes, antioxidants, co-factors, phytonutrients, and more. The natural synergies and increased bioavailability of these extra nutrients ensure the best possible nutrition for your pet.
Our formulas provide all the amino acids, vitamins, and minerals listed in the Association of American Feed Control Officials Nutrient Profile for Dogs and Cats, and do so without the addition of man-made synthetic nutrients. Pets of all ages will benefit from the superior nutrition and safety of Nature’s Logic foods. For more information, visit www.natureslogic.com.